Office 365 is one of the best business productivity suites. It has more than 23 million active users. Office 365 allows its users to work online and to share files and documents like spreadsheets, etc. And it also serves its users with an additional mailbox storage space. But, if you need to archive emails in Outlook, the user mailbox needs to enable “Archive mailbox”. Once you enable an archive mailbox, you can easily forward messages from the primary mailbox to the archive mailbox. So, here in this write-up, we will focus on how to archive emails in outlook 365.
To archive email in office 365, you first need to enable the archive mailboxes in office 365. Let’s start by enabling the archive mailbox.
Manual Strategies For How to Archive Emails in Outlook 365
- Go to the https://protection.office.com/ and log in with your Office 365 credentials.
- Then, visit the “Security and Compliance Center,” option, then pick “Data governance”. Tap the “Archive” option.
- The “Archive” page will be shown on the screen. After this, you can view all the mailboxes connected to your Office 365 account. You can also ensure whether the archive mailbox is enabled or not in the archive mailbox column.
- Now, choose the mailbox for which you need to enable “Archive mailbox.”
- A warning will be shown on your display here, press “Yes” to enable the archive mailbox.
- After a few minutes, you will see “Archive mailbox” gets created. Then you can easily view the archive mailbox.
Once the archive mailbox is enabled let’s see how to archive emails in outlook 365.
How Office 365 users Archive Emails?
Once the archive mailbox is enabled successfully, you can archive emails by following these steps:
- Sign in to Outlook with your Office 365 account. Now, view the folder from where you need to archive emails.
Note: You are also allowed to perform this task by choosing the particular emails, and then pressing on the “Archive” icon on the top pane of Office 365 account.
- Choose the particular emails and right-click on them. A wizard will be shown on the screen. Tap the “Archive” button to shift these emails to the archive mailbox.
Finally, your emails will be archived and you can access them in the archive mailbox.
Archive Mails in Outlook 2016
If you have set up your Office 365 account in Outlook, then you can utilize the archive feature of Outlook to archive the old mails. Somehow, always keep in mind that emails are archived to the local Archive folder of Outlook.
- View the Outlook on your system and choose emails from the inbox or any other folder.
- Now, right-click on the chosen emails, and press “Archive” to shift emails to the archive mailbox.
Note: You can also perform the task by choosing emails, and then click on“Archive” in the ‘Delete’ group (of the ribbon). You can also utilize the “backspace” button on the keyboard to directly archive the specific emails.
How to archive an Outlook folder?
- To move the entire folder to archive, go to the “File” tab, and choose “Tools.” Now from the drop-down menu, choose “Clean up old items.”
- A window will be displayed on the screen with the entire folders of Outlook. Choose the particular folder required to shift to archive. Here, you can choose the date from which you need to archive the emails. Also, you can involve the emails that have enabled “Do not Auto Archive.” Choose the location on your computer where you need to save this archive file and hit “OK.”
- And his way your emails will be archived in the mailbox.
Archiving Procedure in Outlook 2013 and 2010
The archiving procedure in MS Outlook 2013 and 2010 is similar to Outlook 2016. Archive emails in Outlook 2010 and 2013 by following the below-listed steps sincerely:-
- View Outlook and access the “File” tab.
- Here choose “Cleanup Tools” and choose “Archive” from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up window will be displayed on the screen with the entire folders of Outlook, select the certain folder required to move to the archive mailbox.
- Choose the date from which you need to archive the emails. Also, you can take emails that have enabled “Do not Auto Archive.” Choose the location on your device where you need to save this archive file and Press on “OK.”
- And finally, your emails will be archived.
And following these methods, you can easily know how to archive emails in outlook 365.
Here in this writeup, I discussed methods on how to archive emails in outlook 365. The above-discussed ways are an easy and simple solution to your issue. I hope you will archive mailbox successfully with these approaches. But somehow if you face any issue please drop a comment in the comment box.
Useful Article – Lotus Notes Vs Outlook