Microsoft Outlook error code 8 is one of the foremost common errors, which users encounter several times. It indicates that there’s a problem associated with a security certificate of the proxy server. Sometimes, even, by updating the safety certificate this error doesn’t fix. Therefore, you’ll see the right methods to resolve this error in a systematic way.
MS Outlook Proxy Server Error Code 8 or Not Assigned as Trusted
The outlook is one of the foremost preferred email client tool, which is employed in most of the organization. Because it fulfills organization requirements within the sort of task manager, contact manager, note-taking, journal, etc. Outlook error is additionally quite common for users. One such common error is Microsoft Outlook Error Code 8, which appears on the user screen. However, this issue can also be encountered when Outlook is in offline mode.
Error Message –
“There is a problem with the proxy server’s security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority. The outlook is not able to connect to the proxy server ….com (Error Code 8)”.
Symptoms of Error Code 8 are as follows:
- This error frequently appears on the screen.
- Your system starts performing slow.
- The active Windows programs crash.
- Your Windows OS starts performing slow to each command.
Why this Proxy Certificate Error Code 8 occurs
This error occurs whenever security certificates in the Exchange server aren’t purchased from an authentic certification source. Or, it is also possible that you’ve got purchased from a trustworthy source. But it’s not within the local system as a “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”.
Most of the Root causes of Outlook Certificate Error are listed below:
- Might be there’s the inappropriate installation of Outlook.
- Your system is affected by a Trojan, virus, or malware.
- Or, there’s accidental deletion of Outlook data.
- Because of frequent alterations in MS Outlook, it causes difficulty in the Windows registry.
Workaround to Fix Microsft Outlook Error Code 8
Execute the below-mentioned steps to resolve this error:
- First of all, exit from MS Outlook.
- Afterward, you need to publish the certificate on the system and trust it.
- Now, check the installation of the Certificates. And if it’s not present in “trusted root certificate authorities”. Then, you need to click on View Certification.
- Then install the certificate.
- Also, delete all the unnecessary third-party add-ins.
More Tips to Troubleshoot Outlook Certificate Error
- Start from running the updated anti-virus on your system
- After that, you need to run Windows System File Checker, by giving the command “sfc/scannow”. And execute the below- mentioned procedure:
- Initially, Navigate to the Start button, then write the command.
- Then press and hold Control and shift together. And, hit the enter button.
- A permission dialog box will appear.
- Now, click on Yes.
- A black box with a blinking cursor will appear.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and press on entering.
- This will scan error code 8.
- Also, you can update your PC drivers.
- Do the windows system restore.
- Fix your Windows registry.
In this blog, you have seen some of the tips and tricks from Transfer Emails. To fix Microsoft Outlook Error Code 8. But make sure that you examine and check the installation of security certificates. Before applying any techniques to fix this Microsoft Outlook error code 8.