Synopsis: Easy step-by-step guide to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook using two different manual methods. Because WLM is now discontinued free email client from MS. Many users have already plan to switch from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. If you also want to do so, then you might find this blog worth a read.
Fastest Method – EML to PST Converter
You might be not aware of the Windows Live Mail email client from Microsoft. It was the predecessor of Widows Mail that was built to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. It is more refined than the previous email program like Outlook Express, etc. WLM was released on 6 Nov 2007, had multiple features. It saved each email in separate EML files.
However, MS Outlook is one of the best and most used email clients in the world. And, it is known that Outlook saves its database in PST file format. Now the question arises “How to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook” or convert EML file to PST. And this blog is the answer to it.
Also, Read – How to Convert OST to PST in Outlook 2016
Workarounds to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook
There are two different methods available to perform the task that is listed below:
Transfer Using Windows Live Mail
WLM has the Export option to directly export EML files to MS Exchange, etc. You need to execute the steps provided below:
- Start Windows Live Mail and navigate to File > Export Email > Email Messages.
- After that, select Microsoft Exchange from the option and click Next.
- Now you will get a pop-up message, hit OK on that.
- Select Outlook from the Profile Name and click Ok.
- In the Export Messages box, choose from All folders or Selected folders options and hit Ok to proceed.
- You will get the status of the migration process and get a confirmation message while completing of process.
- Check Outlook to verify.
Transfer using EML File Location
As discussed above WLM save its data in EML file format. So, to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook we need to find the location of the EML file from the storage. And paste the EML files in Outlook’s new folder using the Drag and Drop option. Here is the procedure:
- Generally, you will get the EML file location in your system from – C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
- This destination will contain several folders with a mailbox database. Copy all files to a storage device.
- After that, Launch MS Outlook and create a new folder.
- Now just Drag and Drop all the files into this folder.
- In last, verify the emails in Outlook.
This is all to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Here we have provided you the best two workarounds to perform the migration from EML to PST file format. You can rely on any one of them and they are tried and tested methods so there are no chances of data alteration. If still, you are unable to migrate your EML file to Outlook PST, then you need to ask the experts from forums, official sites, etc.